'Putting Faith into Action Courageously' is one of our Core Values, and we live it through faith-based community organizing.
Grace is involved with the Community Renewal Society, a non-partisan collection of churches in the metro Chicago area dedicated to confronting instutionalized racism and poverty.
Currently, Grace is working on addressing prison reform and demanding a fair budget in Illinois. We have won recent victories in addressing the needs of families and inmates as they struggle to keep in contact and break the cycles of imprisonment.
The CRS model is based on the following points:
• Understand and articulate the theological basis for
• Network with other local congregations
• Analyze power and how it shapes our world
• Create and expand justice ministries in congregations
• Activate members and build teams in your church
• Develop the skills to build relationships with policy-
makers and promote change
Please email Pr. Daniel HERE if you have any questions or feel called to this ministry at Grace!